Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani has launched Jio – the company’s widely-awaited telecom disruptor, that has set the industry on fire.
Long queues of customers waiting to get their hands on the Jio SIM card has demonstrated the hype and anticipation around Reliance’s new service, and the company doesn’t seem to have disappointed them.
Here are the key highlights of what is on the offer:
1) Starting Monday, September 5, Jio’s boquet of apps, all services available for everyone absolutely free. Till 31 December 2016.
2) Won’t charge any extra on festival days
3) To give 25% more data to students
4) Never charge for voice calls
5) To have 1 mln wifi hotspots by mid-2017
6) To offer 10 data plans • Reliance Jio users to get unlimited data at night
7) Lowest data pack at 19 rupees/day
8) Data tariff 5 paise/MB or 50 rupee/GB
9) No roaming charge for Reliance Jio users across India
10) All voice call voice calls on Reliance Jio network to be free.