This is another of those tasks that we do every day and spend a lot of time on, and if we could automate them, it would free us up to work on more creative tasks.
Rewriting text can mean different things and take different forms, but one common example is text correction.
We prepare the prompt with a short bit of context about the task, followed by examples of incorrect and corrected transcriptions.
Example use cases for using an LLM to rewrite text:
- Paraphrase a piece of text in a different voice
- Build a spell checker that corrects text capitalizations
- Rephrase chatbot responses
- Redact personally identifiable information
- Turn a complex piece of text into a digestible form