Students of RV College of Engineering Bangalore, in order to represent their college in international events like SAE Supermileage and the Shell Eco-Marathons have built a super fuel efficient car that gives a mileage of 200Km/Litre.
Coined ‘Garuda RVCE supermileage car’, Key features of the car prototype include:
- HONDA GK 100 97 cc, 2 Hp air cooled engine;
- TAV 2 Torq_A-Verter and asymmetric CVT transmission systems;
- Tubular A1 6063 T6 chassis; use of glass fibre for the shell;
- Bontrager, 16-inch Moulton sizes recumbent wheels;
- Twin tie road steering system; Inteneidate freewheel design;
- variable jet carburetor and simple caliper cycle brakes. [source]
The fuel efficiency of the car was tested on the NICE corridor and demonstrated a mileage of 180Km/L under test conditions.
The team is also working on to improve the existing design and enhance the fuel efficiency to 500 Km/L!
This is not really a commercial version, but serious innovations like these are building India 2.0 and will create India’s own Bill Gates/Zuckerberg/Larry.
Don’t you think so?
pic credit: ciol.com