Sakshat Tablet, the brand name for the famous $35 Laptop will be launched very soon (Jan 10th was the scheduled date) for a price of Rs, 1,500/. The tablet will be launched by HCL Systems and has been tested at IIT Rajasthan.
Aside, it’s important to note that the $35 tablet from Indian government comes at a discounted price (just like PDS) for Indian Colleges/Universities and the retail cost (if at all the tablet is made available) will be much more – so maybe, we should stop calling it a $35 tablet (and that’s why the brand, Sakshat).
Key Specification of Sakshat Tablet
- Rugged casing with a rubberized feel
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Fixed Ethernet capability
- Mini and Full USB
- MiniSD Card Slot
- Sim Card Slot
- Video Out
- Headphone Jack
- 2 GB of Memory using Memory card
- 2 Watts of power consumption with solar charging option
- Android Operating System
- Educational software developed at Indian Institute of Technology
- Web browsing, video conferencing and word processing software