After Karishma Kapoor’s investment in Babyoye, actor Salman Khan too has taken the funding plunge. Salman Khan will play double role as the brand ambassador as well as an investor (he picked up less than 5% stake) in travel portal, Yatra.
Yatra.com President Sharat Dhall said the company will launch a multimedia campaign featuring Salman Khan with a marketing budget in excess of Rs 30 crore within a few days, coupled with new product offerings such as installment payment for air tickets. (source)
Yatra recently acquired event portal, BuzzinTown and is in the process of consolidating operations in larger cities such as Mumbai and Delhi and entering smaller towns in India.
“Since we are targeting customers in smaller towns, Salman Khan is a great fit considering his mass appeal across the country,” [source]
Other Bollywood/Cricket funding stories
- Karishma Kapoor Invests in Babyoye
- Neha Dhupia Launches HerStyle, an Online Store Selling Lingerie, Nightwear and Thermals.
- Zaheer khan announced investment in Exclusively.
- Shilpa Shetty invested in a group buying site
- Ajay Devgan launched TicketPlease, Entertainment Plus Ticketing Site