Microsoft Surface is an amazing touchscreen technology that gives LCD panels the power to see without the use of cameras. Microsoft partnered with Samsung to bring Samsung SUR40 which will be launched in India this summer.
Microsoft and Samsung worked closely to develop the LCD panel and the new hardware product, which is being manufactured by Samsung and will be sold to business customers through its broad distribution and reseller network.
Samsung SUR40: Product Details
Samsung SUR40 will bring companies around the world a much different way to help drive sales, showcase their brand, and increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. The product features include these:
- PixelSense. PixelSense gives an LCD display the power to recognize fingers, hands and objects placed on the screen, including more than 50 simultaneous touch points. With PixelSense, pixels in the display see what’s touching the screen and that information is immediately processed and interpreted.
- Microsoft Surface software. Microsoft Surface software provides business customers with a premier touch-first experience for their end users, built on the principles of direct interaction and together computing, with a new look and feel. It also allows commercial application developers to use a new version of the Microsoft Surface SDK and familiar Microsoft development tools to take full advantage of the massive multitouch and object recognition capabilities of PixelSense and deliver experiences not possible on any other platform.
- Designed for commercial environments. The product is designed to meet the challenges of active usage in demanding locations such as retail, hospitality and education.
- Thin form factor with multiple configuration options. The product is four inches thin, which makes it easy to use horizontally, hang vertically with the VESA mount, or embed in walls or custom enclosures. Standard legs are available or customers can design and attach their own.
- Forty-inch full high-definition (HD) 1080p screen. The 40-inch screen enables unparalleled multi-user experiences in full HD 1080p, with a 16:9 aspect ratio and 1920×1080 resolution.
- Powerful embedded system. The product uses the embedded AMD Athlon™ II X2 Dual-Core Processor 2.9GHz paired with the AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series GPU featuring DirectX 11 support to deliver significant processing horsepower and outstanding graphics capability.
The manufacturer’s suggested price for Samsung SUR40 starts at $7,600 (U.S.), though launch price etc will be announced once the product is officially launched in India (plus 22 more countries).
Please Note: If you are a startup/geek/entrepreneur interested in learning more about Surface (and opportunities it holds), we have 5 tickets to an invite-only event Microsoft is conducting on May 31st (Venue: N. Delhi). If you are interested in attending, do hop to our Facebook page and tell us why you need the pass (link).