MapMyIndia has launched the latest version of maps (5.0) with house addresses maps for Delhi NCR and Chandigarh.
Latest release includes
- Makes possible door-to-door navigation to residential house addresses, local businesses, offices, apartments and tourist places
- Makes finding places and destinations easy with directory of 3 million places, and intelligent, super-fast, predictive search with auto-correction of spellings
- Introduces voice guidance and instructions in 8 Indian languages besides English
- MapmyIndia Maps power market-leading mobile, tablet and in-car GPS devices.
- Large directory of 3 million places (PoI) as well as highly detailed, street level maps for over 809 cities of India as well as All India coverage connecting 5,76,000 towns and villages by over 1 million kilometers
For relevant places, MapmyIndia includes phone numbers as well so that users could, for example, find the nearest Chinese restaurant, call ahead to check availability and make a reservation, and then navigate easily to its doorstep. In terms of spoken voice instructions, MapmyIndia has added voice guidance in 8 Indian languages – Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu (Marathi and others will follow soon).
The newer version is an attempt to make the last mile driving direction possible.
MapMyIndia has raised $9mn from Qualcomm Ventures and some of the earlier product launches from MapMyIndia are
- MapMyIndia Launches Mobile App – GPS Navigator sans GPRS
- MapMyIndia Launches TrailBlazer, Navigation Device for MotorBikers
- MapMyIndia Targets Youth, Launches Light(er) Version of the Navigation Device
Recommended Read: Mobile LBS 101 for Startups – The Game of Content, Platform and Apps