Your city will provide enough nights lights for the NASA scientists to capture the beautiful earth and figure out interesting patterns.
Here are some interesting facts derived from the city lights:
- The brightest areas of the Earth are the most urbanized, but not necessarily the most populated
- Cities tend to grow along coastlines and transportation network
- Even more than 100 years after the invention of the electric light, some regions remain thinly populated and unlit
- Antarctica is entirely dark
- The interior jungles of Africa and South America are mostly dark, but lights are beginning to appear there
Get the pictures here.
Related: Watch the world map of sunlight and moonlight here
Filed Under: earth