ShopClues recorded their highest-ever traffic and sales in this festive season of Diwali, Navratri and Dhanteras. Here are some stats from shopClues:
- The website witnessed over 95,000 peak orders in a day and 500% growth in Gross Merchandise Volume.
- Highest number of purchases was made in the pre-Diwali week
- Local home-appliance brands, unbranded fashion wear, made-in-India products were exceptionally popular with ShopClues shoppers.
- Gold and Silver-plated items were most popular in the gifting category.
- In the travel category, unbranded products had an 80% share.
- Feature phones (Micromax, Intex, Karbonn, etc) showed three times higher sales than smartphones
- The small appliances category was clearly led by homegrown brands, with roti-makers stealing the show this Diwali season.
- Apparel, home décor, kitchenware among top-sellers
- Spiritual category had accelerated growth of 144%
- Over 70% of the orders came from tier II and III cities
- Mobile devices accounted for almost 45% of the total orders
- ShopClues.com also witnessed higher adoption of prepaid payment options over Cash-on-Delivery.
- There was an increase in women shoppers this year with the male: female ratio being up at 60:40.
Amazon’s Diwali stats too showed similar trends with growth in mobile traffic and growth from non-metros. Flipkart’s Big Billion Day Sale stats also showed the increasing adoption of online ecommerce medium in India. Snapdeal, on the same day as Big Billion Day, announced that the company has witnessed sales of over one crore rupees a minute, with lakhs of products being sold in a single day. Snapdeal had also introduced online shopping in Hindi and Tamil to cater better to tier 2 and tier 3 cities.