Hiring is a challenge, but having a scalable process around hiring is a god-send for small teams. By scalable process, what I mean is having a common infrastructure/single view for all hires, different stages in hiring and importantly, having owners across different hiring stages.
Chennai based Pursuelyaims to make hiring process super easy for startups by offering following features:
- Stages to the job application process. (You can assign certain people into certain stages).
- Different questionnaire to the different stages of job (You can filter a lot of people with just moving them from stage to stage)
- Real-time chat with applicants (You can schedule a chat session and talk to the applicant)
- Reporting on how much time user takes to fill up forms etc
- Facebook/LinkedIn integration to share and find possible applicants for your job position.
What’s really great about Pursuely is the questionnaire part – i.e. you can set different questionnaires across different stages, which will help you in filtering the candidate (for example, Pluggd.in is hiring media sales professionals, so here is a question, if you are interested). One can compare answers by different candidates too.
Leaving a few jagged edges, the team has surely thought through several use cases (like the company name, by default is not indexed by search engines) and while the lean product is a direct competitor to Recruiterbox, there surely is a need to have multiple players disrupting the hiring process.
The product in its current form is free to use and the team is still working on the monetization plan. My sincere suggestion to them would be to target SMEs (more than 50 employees), as early startups may not be willing to pay for a service like this.
If you are a startup, which is facing challenges in managing the hiring process – do give Pursuely a spin and share your feedback.