Mobile Apps have defined a new economy, i.e. of apps being more important than the device. We earlier shared a report on the growth of smartphone app download statistics in first half of 2010 (3.8 Billion Apps were Downloaded!) and here is probably one of the most comprehensive report/facts on the mobile appnomy.
- Apple’s App Store has 225,000 apps
- Android Market has 70,000 apps (unofficial estimates suggest 105,000)
- BlackBerry App World has 7,200 apps
- Ovi Store has 13,000+ ‘content items’ (Includes ringtones, wallpapers and songs as well as apps)
- iPad App Store has 11,000 apps (unofficial estimates suggest 20,000+)