Tier 2 & 3 Cities Account For 70% Orders [Snapdeal Electronics Sale]

Snapdeal claims its recent electronics sale held on July 27 and 28 saw over 1 million people register with sales of electronics devices clocking in 4 lakh units.

Snapdeal Electronics

The company has released data showing what sold the most and who bought it, giving valuable insights into the Indian e-commerce market for electronics.

Snapdeal says over 3.5 lakh order bookings were made during the sale, 80% of which were smartphones, tablets and PCs.

70% of all orders were made from Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities and 60% of the overall orders were made through smartphones, while the rest 40% was from PCs.

Daily mobile revenues shot up by 5x during the sale, with bestselling devices coming from Apple, Infocus, Samsung and Micromax – 64 mobile devices were sold every minute during the sale.

Revenues earned from sale of televisions and cameras were 5X during the sale, while computers and automotive accessories saw a 3X jump and appliances saw a 2X jump.

Maharashtra, Karnataka, Delhi, UP and AP were the five states from where maximum number of orders were made, while Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Pune were the top cities.

Insights on Electronics Purchase Trends

Add comment

NextBigWhat brings you curated insights and wisdom on product and growth from the wild web.

Over 2 million people receive our weekly curated insights.

Newsletter

Newsletter