The Android army in India is about to get stronger with the arrival of Sony Ericsson’s much awaited Xperia Mini handset. The device has some interesting features and although there is no official word on the pricing, we expect the device to be priced competitively below 15K. Here’s a look at the device specifications and features
- 3 inch capacitive reality display with Sony Mobile Bravia Engine ( LED backlight LCD).
- 1Ghz Scorpion processor.
- 512 MB RAM.
- 320MB internal storage, microSD card slot upto 32GB, 2GB card included.
- Ships with Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
- 5MP rear facing camera.
- Accelerometer, GPS, WiFi b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 2.1.
- GPRS, EDGE, 3G upto 7.2 Mbps.
- 1200 mAh battery Talk time up to 4 h 30 min (2G) / Up to 4 h 30 min (3G).
Price of Sony Ericson Xperia Mini is expected to be under 15K.
A first look at the specification shows a pretty robust phone under the hood. It is good to see phones in India that are shipping with the latest version of Android available for them.
A variant of this phone called the Xperia Mini Pro was spotted recently retailing at Flipkart for a little over 15K, that hints that the official pricing of this phone will be slightly lower than 15K.
The smartphone market in India for entry level phones is filled with a variety of options. Still the lack of a front facing camera is disappointing, I mean these phones are built with processors capable of handling video calls but the lack of a phone with a budget price tag and a front facing camera still leaves this market open.
All in all a good phone that is capable of much more than it is allowed to do.