Not a dull moment in the world of startup and technology. This week, we covered how classifieds site Quikr raised $90 mn and what it plans to do with that money, how Skype founders are buying music streaming site Dhingana, the entry of State Bank of India into the online payments space, Amazon’s new store pick up launch and other such stories. We also profiled a lot of interesting startups. If you missed some of our posts, here’s a quick recap.
- When to Pivot? “P” For Pivot OR “P” For Persistence?
- India Election 2014: THE Online Guide to Track it
- Early Stage Investment Terms in India : What You Should Know
- Quikr To Double Headcount; Focus on Mobile & Marketing [Interview]
- 4 Lessons from Buffer on Customer Happiness
- How MindTickle Built Their Startup Story from Scratch, Evangelising and Not Giving Up
- What You Really Must Know As You Pivot
- 5 + 1 Mistakes Early Stage Startups Commit : Enter a Lion’s Den Hunting For Breakfast
- Skype Founders’ Music Service Rdio Acquires Dhingana
- The Opportunity Koovs Sold for $37 Mn & How it Got Around India’s Ban on FDI in Ecommerce
- Indian Language Speech Recognition Startup Uniphore Secures Angel Funding
- Bangalore & US HQ’d Data Analytics Firm DataRPM Raises $5.1 Mn Funding
- Online Book Retailer BookAdda Announces KoolSkool Acquisition
- Sachin Tendulkar’s Smaaash & Sports Management Firm Techfront Raise Funding
- Affordable Health Care Services iKure Raises Seed Funding
- Siliguri Based TeaBox Secures $1 mn Funding from Accel Partners
- KarmYog Media Secures Funding for Pan India Roll Out of Indian Idol Academy
- Target Knows You Are Pregnant, Flipkart Wants to Know if You are a Doting Father!
- Indian Online Retail Spending to hit $16 Billion by 2018
- Amazon Partners With Oil Company BPCL to Launch Store Pickup
- With 10 Mn Visits a Month, Comparison Site Junglee Will Continue to Get Amazon’s Attention [Interview]
- Delhi’s Select Citywalk Mall to Soon Go Hybrid; Are Malls Losing their Mojo?
- State Bank of India Launches Payment Aggregator; More trouble for Incumbents!
- Worldfloat is Back With $500 Mn Valuation & 50 Mn Users; One Word: LOL!
- Facebook Drives Majority of Social Traffic & Sales for E-commerce Companies: Shopify
- Microsoft Transparency Report Says Information Requests from Indian Government Up by 50%
- Google Could End up with a $5 Bn Antitrust Penalty in India: Report
- getitBazaar Launch DealGuru for Product Deals; Partners with 99labels
- Pune Based Startup CarIQ Launches Connected Car Platform for Vehicle Health Monitoring
- Exam Prep Marketplace BOOKstreet Selected for BSE-Ryerson Incubation Program Along With Blynk
- Lukup Media’s All in One Middleware Wants to Take Over the Living Room
- Preparing for GRE, GMAT? Learningpod Makes Practice Easy
- Talent58: A Job Portal Only for Retirees and Those Looking to Retire
- Socioboard Wants to be The Magento & WordPress of Social Media Management
- Vodafone India Testing Mobile Data Offloading Technology to Keep Up With Demand
- Apple Launching Neighborhood Stores in India to Tackle Samsung’s Growing Market Share
- Now Build Your Resume Via Mobile Using Super Resume Builder
- TastyKhana App Makes Ordering Food Through the Phone Simpler
- Bored? Find a Friend Near You With LocoMapia App
- Marketwatch App Brings Up to Date Wholesale Market Prices To You
- Indian Medical Electronics Market Set to Grow to $11.7 Bn by 2017