Here are 10 reasons why Uber is better than Ola Cabs in the fight for market supremacy.
1) Uber has more money in the bank than the valuation of Ola Cabs, and can fight the price war ad infinitum. Good for their customers.
2) The Uber mobile app is slicker, given the mammoth 197 MB size (compared to Ola's 52 MB).
3) The routing algorithms for UberPOOL are better compared to Ola Cabs. Typical waiting time for Ola Share is around 15 minutes.
4) Uber gives a 10% discount on the UberPOOL fare if the cab takes on a third passenger.
5) Uber fares are higher compared to Ola. This is better for the long term sustainability of the company.
6) Uber customers do not need an OTP to start their trip, like for Ola Cabs. The high penalties on infractions ensure that the Uber drivers toe the line.
7) Uber generally has better maintained cabs compared to Ola Cabs.
8) Uber promotes entrepreneurship and has signed MoUs with many state governments.
9) The Uber senior management provides enough photo opportunities for senior politicians in India.
10) Uber promotes other Indian companies, like PayTM, whereas Ola Cabs prefers to build all their technology in-house.
Having said that, here are 5 reasons why we should continue using Ola Cabs
1) Ola Cabs is a true blue Indian company with Indian promoters who eat with their hands.
2) Ola Cabs is a compassionate company. They starve competitors (Auto Raja, Taxi for Sure) of resources, but then acquires them, so that their employees do not face the social stigma of losing jobs.
3) Ola Cabs gives a second chance to the disenfranchised section of society, namely Uber drivers with poor ratings, who are not otherwise employable. Their livelihood needs to be protected.
4) Ola Cabs operates a number of services - Share, Micro, Mini, Prime, Lux, Rentals, Outstation, Bike, Autos, Shuttle. Many are free of cost, or at very low rates. How is that for convenience?
5) Ola Cabs operates in close to 100 cities, and provides 1000s of jobs in operations, product management and technology. There could be a huge social impact if people stop using the services.