I hope at-least the number flashing at the end is working and reachable.
Its almost the similar case with most of the etailers. I stopped using SD a year back, when one of my products (worth 10K) was in Transit for almost 25 days and none of the SD guys could track it - where exactly it was? I kept on dialing and received "sorry" and "standard canned responses". Finally without contacting me, they cancelled the order and refunded money after 10 days. I only got to know that the order has been cancelled when I saw money credited to my account. It was a Mobile phone for my Dad as a Diwali Gift, which SD failed to deliver and made my Diwali a "Khushiyo ki Diwali". That was quite an experience.
This year during BBD sale experience with FK was almost the same (although my discussion with FK is still on).
Here's what happened -
- Successfully placed an order worth 10K during BBD sale
- FK confirmed the order, money got deducted from my account
- Got confirmation emails/SMS for successful order placement
- Got SMS that the seller has shipped the product
The issue started here
- Got a Call from FK stating the ordered product Brand is not available with the Seller and FK wanted to confirm with me whether I would be interested in other Brand. I confirmed that I need the Ordered Brand only. The Lady said "OK Sir".
- I kept on getting update SMS's - the product will be delivered on so and so date
- Finally when I got the product - it was altogether Different Product Brand inside the BOX than what I ordered (on the Box everything was relevant to the Original Order - Make/Model, Amount etc).
I tried contacting FK on call but couldn't get through. Not even a single time out of 20 attempts at different timings. Their call back system never worked. Finally I wrote to the firstname.lastname@example.org and they responded with Canned answers - "Sorry. We will get back to you within 24hrs".
I mentioned - FK cheated me. Even after knowing that the Brand is not available with Seller, you sent me Wrong Product Brand. I asked for a Replacement and was ready to wait till whatever time they take to deliver me the correct product.
The sequence of Emails and Calls started after this. After each reply from my end FK support called back and said SORRY - the product is not available with seller.
Now, What FK is saying:
1. I should return the product to FK
2. FK will refund my money after receipt of return (1 week to 10 days)
3, I should place a new order on FK with other seller
4. FK assured that they will match the Price with what I had paid earlier
My Queries to them:
1. It was a blunder from FK end - why Should customer get all the trouble and pain
2. What wrong did I do in this entire scenario?
3. I did not ask for a Refund and Return. Rather I am asking for a replacement (which I think is a valid ask).
FK has stopped responding to my emails.There is long mail trail, which I do not want to put in here.
So with what kind of Policy they (etailers) are running the show. In one of the Post's on NBW there was a discussion about PayTM's policy. Its mostly the same with all - Customer Support = FAQ's (and read between the lines).
There was a Huge gung-ho about the sale happened during BBD on FK. But there is definitely an After Effect to the sale which keep Customer Strangled for Returns, Replacements and Refund - which nobody discuss. Most of the sellers just register to take advantage of Sales and then disappears.
I am not expecting much from FK, seeing their repeated adamant responses and NO intention to service /convince customer, provide proper resolution. In current scenario and in Indian e-tailer space, Does Customer hold all the responsibility not the seller or the service provider?
*The above incidents and views are my personal. Just wanted to highlight the customer experience part here.