User onboarding is one of the most important part of UX and here is how Twitter and Facebook do it.
- Facebook subject: “Just one more step to get started on Facebook”
- Twitter subject: “Confirm your account, FirstName LastName”
- Facebook goes with an aggressive headline with “Action Required”. Grabs people’s attention! Twitter uses your name in the subject, I’m surprised that Facebook doesn’t do the same.
- Both Twitter and Facebook want you to “complete” your account in the paragraph above, but both say “confirm” in the CTA. The two sentences in the Facebook feel so robotic.
- Facebook looks to reinforce its value by describing why it’s useful: “helps you communicate and stay in touch with all of your friends