I understand your reasons for not pushing an app yet. (HN, Reddit are still widely used on Web/Mobile Web).
Here are a few reasons to try the app:
- Staying connected and having on-the-go conversations. (Notifications, Direct Mentions)
- Experience - expecting something like Quora instead of Medium
- Constant - An app on the home screen is way better than using a site on the mobile browser
- Ease of use - I mostly use browsers in incognito/private modes, an app wouldn't need logging in every time. (For me, it's two logins - NBW -> Twitter -> NBW)
_Aside, last time I tried Facebook login wasn't working on Safari iOS, stops after authentication and doesn't redirect to site. _
* Incognito mode to keep Chrome light and avoid being retargeted