There are quite a few web based project management software, but growing teams need a much simplified task management service that enables collaboration across different teams in a company.
Delhi based TaskTrek is a communication management suite that helps ensure seamless communication, organizes all data into consistent clusters and aids managers in managing their team and activities.
Modeled for SMEs (plus large organizations), TaskTrek offers a complete suite of features that any business would need. For example:
- Grouping all internal and external communication together.
- View team calendar and time sheets to monitor team.
- Organising all data on project level into folders
- Dashboard view (based on role/access).
- Discuss files with all discussions in a trail format grouped in a category.
- Document Versioning for tracking all old and new files from one place.
- Heavy file share possible – with both internal & external team or clients.
- Advance filter settings to view only the information you need.
- Tracking performance through customized reports
- Powerful search for easy navigation by keywords, even within files
- Automatic refresh, real time updates and email notifications
- Quick filters for quick access to information.
- Access controls or rights for restricting user controls.
- Knowledge bank
Loginworks Softwares, the company behind TaskTrek is also launching the desktop version of the software, so that employees can access their task/calendar/update from the desktop as well (Tasktrek already has a mobile client).
We played with the product and must say that it’s very well thought-out and covers most of the use case, an enterprise would need. The service is available in two forms – hosted service (SAAS) and on-premise software.
Pricing of SAAS service starts from Rs. 1,000/month (goes upto 10K/month) and company has done the pricing only on the basis of storage space (all features are available otherwise across the different pricing bands).
If you are an organization that is looking for better collaboration across the team members, do give TaskTrek a spin. There are quite a few standalone products available in the market (for project management, task management etc), but very few of them provide a holistic view.
Aside, do share which software do you currently use for managing projects/tasks in your organization?