Tata Nano is set to commercially launch (booking details below) on March 3rd.
- Booking starts by February end
- You need to pay Rs. 70K to book Nano
- The standard model will be available for Rs 1 lakh and there will two other models priced at Rs 1.24 lakh and Rs 1.34 lakh.
- All dealers of Tata Motors and branches of the State Bank of India (SBI) will accept bookings simultaneously across the country in the next three weeks.
- SBI will initially engaged 100 branches and take the number eventually to 1,000 (SBI will not only act as sole lender to buyers but also offer its branches for bookings.)
- Tata hopes to collect around Rs 700 crore in just a few weeks. [1, 2]
Tatas are planning to gift Nano to celebrities – few names include President Pratibha Patil, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Opposition Leader LK Advani, Sania Mirza, Sachin Tendulkar and Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
How about gifting to common man (say few of your workers/Taj hotel staff?), Mr. Tata? After all, Nano is meant to be a common man’s car.
What’s your opinion? Will you go for Nano?