The Returns filing date in India was extended to August 4th and here are some latest numbers on the interest in e-filing of the returns.
1. e-filing for individuals having income from Salary/ Pension (ITR-1) has gone up by 136% from the same period last year to 12,22,275 in Apr 1 -Aug 4 2010.
2. A minor category of ITR-8 for return of fringe benefits for persons who are not liable to file return of income but are liable to file return of fringe benefits has seen a 77% fall with only 26 e-filings.
3. Almost no change in interest from individuals and HUFs not having income from business or profession (ITR-2).
4. For individuals and HUFs having income from a proprietory business or profession the e-filing is up 76%.
5. ITR 3, 5 and 6 e-filing have gone up by 56%, 40% and 7% respectively.
6. An overall rise of around 71%. [source]
As opposed to 2007-08 returns where we saw a increase in e-filing of returns by around 500%, the growth is slowed down this year. Saturation point?
Here’s a traffic check of some of the related portals.
What portal are you using for e-filing your returns?
Recommended read: Online Tax Filing in India – Insights and Observations on Consumer Behavior
[Naman is a startup enthusiast and has worked with couple of Indian startups as Product Manager. He is the founder of FindYogi]