You might think the success of a team depends on the individual team members’ skills. However, to a great extent, it depends on five specific factors that can be predicted with accuracy as to how well a team will perform:
- Everyone in the group talks and listens in equal measure, keeping contributions short.
- Members maintain high levels of eye contact, and their conversations and gestures are energetic.
- Members communicate directly with one another.
- Members carry on side conversations within the team.
- Members periodically take a break, go exploring outside the team, and bring back information to share with the others.