As per the latest data issued by TRAI, telecom operators added only 2.74 million million subscribers in November 2011 taking the total number of subscribers to 884.37 million. Although the gross addition in
number of wireless subscribers during the month of November, 2011 has been 8.19 million, the net addition has been 2.97 million due to disconnection of 5.22 million from the existing wireless subscribers.
Mobile Number Portability requests increased from 231.66 lakh subscribers at the end of October 2011 to 258.37 lakh subscribers at the end of November 2011. In the month of November, 2011 alone
26.71 lakh request have been made for MNP.
Nov 2011: Telecom Data
– Broadband subscription reached 13.13 Million in November-2011 from 12.98 Million in October-2011.
– Share of Urban Subscriber has marginally decreased from 65.86% to 65.73% where as share of Rural Subscribers has marginally increased from 34.14% to 34.27%.
– The overall wireless Tele density in India reaches 73.44.
– Out of the total 884.37 Million subscribers, 635.39 Million were active on the date of Peak VLR for the month of November 2011.
– More @TRAI annoucement (PDF).