- Telegram released an update for its Mac app that adds a new Power Saving menu of options to help users save battery life.
- Power Saving Mode can be enabled with a toggle switch and disables a series of resource-intensive processes.
- These processes include autoplay GIFs and videos, sticker and emoji animations and effects, and interface animations.
- There is also a slider option that allows users to have Power Saving Mode turn on automatically based on the battery level percentage of their Mac.
- The new Power Saving menu has a separate series of switches to turn off resource-hungry processes individually.
- The feature comes with bug fixes and performance improvements.