In the spirit of constructive conflict, let’s temper the pure creative energy of an Artist by thinking like the opposite—like an Engineer. To make your ideas and plans more viable, try converging and operationalizing the possibilities by asking the following CONTROL questions:
- Credibility: How would we get credibility with stakeholders to pursue this idea?
- Objective: What can we do to ensure that our decisions are based on facts?
- Necessary: What can we do to pinpoint what is most important?
- Time: What are the timelines for pursuing this idea?
- Resources: What money and other resources are required to pursue this idea?
- Order: What can we do to manage our project in the most efficient sequence?
- Logic: What can we do to methodically think through our options