The Daily NewsreelSeptember 21, 2012 2012-09-21 18:52
The Daily Newsreel
The Daily Newsreel
Through the day (and sometimes late at night!) we follow the going-ons in the world of technology, products, internet and bring the most relevant, impactful and useful to you with not just the information but useful insights as well.
There’s obviously a lot more that goes on in the world. Both big and small, not necessarily worth spending too much time over, yet useful to know. We decided to include some of that in your daily diet of Pluggd.in. Of course, with our opinion, insight as well.
Starting today, we’re test-launching a end of day news updates feature. Its called The Daily Newsreel. Some of you would remember those black and white short films you saw before the movies – the whole idea of the newreel took us back to that 🙂
Do let us know if you find this useful, and if you have any suggestions about this.
Here goes the Daily Newsreel for today :
– Reliance raised call rates by 25% in a few circles. This follows Idea who’d done it a while ago. Original Story / With the revised licensing costs, and falling ARPUs, the end of ultra low call rates was bound to happen.
– Corporate VC investment in the US last quarter was at a high of $2.1 billion, thanks to interest triggered by Instagram Original Story/ Has there been more action in India as well? And are VCs starting to shoot for the outliers again?
– The US’ Do-Not-Track policy moves worry online services Original Story / Where do you stand, as a user ?
– An Indian Language tourism search engine from DEITY (Dept of Electronics & Information Technology) Original Story / Nice. But useful yet? Typing in the right keyword takes some effort!
– Salesforce Chatterbox : Dropbox for the enterprise Original Story / Interesting move. Dropbox needs to up the game, given the competition its starting to face from a slew of services.