TiE-Canaan Entrepreneurial Challenge is scheduled for May 12th, 2008 and this time the team is giving away real tangible benefits/awards to the startups.
Here is the summary:
- Microsoft Award: At least one finalist will be invited to join the Microsoft Startup Accelerator Program where they will get access, guidance and support on the Microsoft Platform as well as market development support from Microsoft. – Microsoft will promote these companies in their ecosystem.
- ISB Program: A representative from each of the winning teams will be invited to attend a course pro bono at the Center for Executive Education at the Indian School of Business (ISB). Typical value of this course is greater than Rs 300,000. The Identified course is Accelerated Management Programme – Increasing Managerial Effectiveness
- Mentoring: All finalists will be mentored by TiE-ENP (Entrepreneurship Nurturing Program) to refine their business plans for the presentation to the jury. The Winners would be mentored by NASSCOM, Canaan Partners, and Jury Members for three months after the event
- Access to Investors: All finalists will have access to investors from TiE, Indian Angel Network and other early stage investors
- Profiling in Media: Winners will be featured in Business Today, enabling them to build awareness about their companies & products. Last year profiling was done on CNBC and winners of last year gave us the feedback that it was pretty useful for them
If you have any questions/need clarifications, please leave a comment.