In the past, whenever I had a wet cell phone, I would typically dry the phone, take out the battery and then – put the cell phone under a table lamp/mild heat source. Most of the times it worked.
But if your phone is heavily wet and you are all sure to bury it in a *coffin*, try this alternative method::
- Remove the battery
- Soak in Alcohol – Alcohol is hygroscopic (attracts water), it will dissolve all the water in the phone, which will then pour out of the phone with the alcohol. Any remaining alcohol will evaporate. Alcohol will not harm your phone but may mess up glue (from stickers and the like).
- Let the phone dry up for the next 2/3 days