Starting up your own business?
Well, CNN has few useful business ideas for you.
Business 2.0 scoured the globe for the smartest thinkers and startups and have compiled the list.
Here are a few significant ones. Also, I have tried to map companies/products (in italics) which have successfully implemented these ideas::
- Meet very basic customer needs with a radical new design: iPod
- Services that once required face time can be profitably handled online: Online Banking
- Find a desirable Third World niche product and industrialism it: PCs/Cheap Hardware
- Don’t underestimate the profit potential of fun: Flickr
- Use cheap guerrilla tactics to launch a company: Google
- Give customers their own virtual space, and then charge them to decorate and customize it. : MySpace/SecondLife
- If you want younger customers, forget advertising: Offer enough cool features that they’ll do your marketing for you.: Target Bloggers
- When starting a business, listen to your heart, not your bankers.
- If your domestic market is small, go global in pursuit of investors as well as customers: Infosys
- Online businesses can easily – and cheaply – target international markets from anywhere: eBay/Amazon
- Tap into new markets created by today’s sky-high oil prices: Travel Related Business
Filed Under: Business Ideas, CNN