eBay has released its census guide for 2010 and here are some interesting data points:
– Top 5 ecommerce cities are Delhi, Mumbai, Jaipur, Chennai and Bangalore.
– Top 5 eCommerce states are Maharashtra, Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and Karnataka
– Delhi sells most dual SIM mobile in India
– Delhi sells the most Royal Enfield accessories to international customers [Enfield 2.0 – Making of a Cult Brand]
– Mumbaikars sell the most sewing machines to fellow Indians
– Mumbai exports the most movie DVD to the world.
– Bangalore sells most GPS and Navigational equipment (yeah baby! one-ways are a part of life in Namma Bengaluru).
– Bangalore leads the hard disc buying race.
– Hyderabad sells the most regional movies in India.
– Hyderbad leads the sewing machine buying race.
– Ahmedabad sold the most movie posters to international buyers.
– Kolkata sold the most Zappo lighters (not a surprise!)
– Chandigarh sold the most batteries and chargers to Indians.
– Chandigarh leads the chess board selling race (to international customers).
– The University of Pune sold the most text books in the domestic market.
eBay Census 2010 research findings were based on an analysis of all online buying and selling transactions between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010.
Recommended Read: Ecommerce in India – Analysis.