Here are the best mental models for taking tough decisions in life:
- Ask yourself: What’s the worst thing that can happen?
- Close your eyes and vividly imagine if happening
- Then ask, ‘Will I be okay- mentally, socially, financially, physically, emotionally?
- Assume that the decisions you take are reversible and you will start to act differently. Most decisions are reversible, not carved in stone.
- Be aware, execute and repeat your decisions.
- Be busy in finding yourself instead of being busy in the rate race and never knowing yourself.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. It’s the biggest waste of time.
Addictions come from the feeling that doing something generates. We are not addicted to things. We are addicted to the emotions that these things generate.