ESPNF1, ESPN’s dedicated Formula One website has launched free iPhone, Android and Nokia mobile applications. The new apps will feature all the key content that sports fans expect from ESPNF1, including comprehensive race coverage, commentary and stats.
The ESPNF1 app is available today for iPhone (via the iTunes App Store) and will launch on Android and Nokia within the next two weeks. The app features:
· Countdown Clock – home page will feature a live countdown to the start of the next race;
· Simple navigation – easy access to key content areas via an intuitive navigation system;
· Feature content – original features including Driver Profiles, Q&A’s, and opinion-based articles from ESPNF1 writers;
· Circuit Detail – After selecting a race, users can view circuit information, including a profile of each track along with historical information.
· Race updates – upcoming race calendars and exclusive news;
· Push notifications (coming soon) – fans can get alerts on upcoming key events, meaning they will receive instant alerts when new content is available
· Race Commentary – latest action on every grand prix
Tom Gleeson, vice president, digital media, ESPN International, said: “The ESPNF1 mobile app is another step in ESPN’s bid to serve Formula One fans with the very best content on multiple devices.”
The free ESPNF1 mobile app adds to ESPN’s growing mobile media portfolio worldwide. In February, the sports media company launched new iPhone and Android mobile applications for ESPNCricinfo, in time for the ICC Cricket World Cup.
Founded in 1997 as Racing-Live, ESPNF1’s content includes news, live reports from grand prix fixtures and features written by some of the sport’s leading names. The site also includes in-depth statistics on every one of the 818 drivers who have driven in a race as well as in-depth information on every race since 1950.