Wish to track your emails invisibly? Want to know when your email was opened by the receiver and whom did he/she forward to? And all this without letting the receiver know that he/she is being tracked.
Wondering how to become an email-spy? Pretty simple.
- Register your email id with readnotify.
- While sending the emails, simply add ‘.readnotify.com’ at the end of receiver’s login id. For e.g. if the id is firstname.lastname@example.org, it should look like: x.gmail.readnotify.com (don’t worry, the receiver will not see the .readnotify.com extension).
Once done, ReadNotify will provide the following in your tracking reports:
- Date and time your email was opened
- Location of recipient (per their ISP city /town)
- Map of location (available on paid subscriptions)
- Recipients IP address
- Apparent email address of opening (if available)
- Referrer details (ie; if accessed via web mail etc)
- URL clicks
- How long the email was read for
- How many times your email was opened
- If your email was forwarded, or opened on a different computer
This is definitely an interesting service and it’s surprising to know that companies do use such services to track their executive’s email behavior.
Latest in the news is HP. Read more here
Filed Under: ReadNotify