TRAI has released the annual performance report for 2007 and here are the key takeaways:
- The Wireless Market has reached 233.62 million subscribers as on 31st December 2007 as against 209.07 million subscribers in the previous quarter
- 172.23 million GSM subscribers (73.72%) and 61.39 million CDMA subscribers (26.28%) at the end of December 2007.
- All India blended ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) per month has declined by 5.09% from Rs. 275 in September 2007 to Rs. 261 in December 2007.
- ARPU for postpaid service has shown a decline of 0.63% from Rs. 632 in September 2007 to Rs. 628 in December 2007. Decline for prepaid service has been 4.78% from Rs. 230/- in September.
- MoU (i.e. Minutes of Usage) minutes per subscriber per month has increased by 0.46% from 462 minutes in September 2007 to 464 minutes in December 2007.
- All India blended ARPU (per month) for the quarter ending December 2007 is Rs. 176/- as compared to Rs. 173/- for the quarter ending September 2007.
- 10.36 million wireline Internet Subscribers at the end of December 2007.
- The number of Broadband subscribers (with a download speed of 256 Kbps or more) was 3.13 million at the end of December 2007 as compared to 2.67 million at the end of September 2007. The growth rate of broadband subscribers in this quarter is 17.23%
- Out of 72 Internet Service Providers providing broadband service only 14 Service Providers are having subscriber base more than 10,000 subscribers and these 14 Service providers share 98.56% of total subscriber base in this quarter.
- Airtel leads the GSM subscriber base with 32% market share, followed by Vodafone (23.15%), BSNL (19%), Idea (12.22%).
- Reliance leads the CDMA pack with 56.95% marker share followed by Tata Teleservices (35.41%), BSNL (6.66%).
- As far as broadband ISPs are concerned, BSNL leads the market with 46.22% share, followed by MTNL (16.34%), Airtel (13.19%),
As per TRAI report for the month of Feb:
- Total number of wireless subscribers = 242.40 million
- Total Broadband subscribers base has reached 3.24 million
Download the annual report here