[In continuation with our theme on Twitter, here are some global stats that you should be aware of.]
Twitter has achieved an unprecedented growth, and here are some interesting stats for you:
- 72.5% of all users joining during the first five months of 2009
- 85.3% of all Twitter users post less than one update/day
- 21% of users have never posted a Tweet !
- 5% of Twitter users account for 75% of all activity.
- In terms of new twitter users, India is the 9th growing country.
- 93.6% of users have less than 100 followers, while 92.4% follow less than 100 people
- More than 50% of all updates are published using tools, mobile and Web-based, other than Twitter.com. TweetDeck is the most popular non-Twitter.com tool with 19.7% market share.
- There are more women on Twitter (53%) than men (47%), though when it comes to activity, male (54%) outnumber females (46%).
- Of the people who identify themselves as marketers, 15% follow more than 2,000 people.
- Until people have 150 followers, they follow about the same number of people. After that, this starts to break down
- The average number of tweets made by the average Twitter user based on how many followers they have. Twitter users with a higher number of friends and followers tend to tweet more often
- 92.4% of Twitter users follow less than 100 people, while 97.8% of Twitter users follow less than 400 people.
- The average number of tweets made by the average Twitter user based on how many people they follow. [data source]
Popular short URL services on Twitter
bit.ly is the most popular, followed by tinyurl (source)
What do you use Twitter for?
Take this poll[poll id=”8″]