- Visiting the onion site will show a warning that its certificate has expired, and pushing forward will lead to an error page.
- The Tor Project has confirmed that Twitter’s onion site is no longer available and there are no plans to renew it.
- Pavel Zoneff, the group’s communications director, has reached out to Twitter to look into bringing the onion version of the social media platform back online.
- People who rely on onion services for an extra layer of protection and guarantee now have one fewer way of doing so safely.
- It is possible to still access Twitter on a Tor browser.
Twitter’s censorship-evading Tor Service is no longer working