UnPluggd is a unique mix of entrepreneurial stories and demos from emerging startups. At UnPluggd, we bring speakers who have an inspiring story to share with the audience and the past editions witnessed stories that range from failure to struggle and importantly, the art of NOT giving up.
At the upcoming edition (scheduled for Nov 19th/Pune), we have 5 amazing speakers who will share their entrepreneurial journey and how they built a business in spite of the challenges faced.
– For instance, Brewcrafts (Doolally’s parent company) couldn’t get the license to start a micro-brewery company in India. So what did the founders do? Cribbed and gave up? NO. They actually took Indian government officials to Singapore to help them understand what Micro-brewery is and eventually got a license to start microbrewing in India. Cofounder, Suketu will talk about the Doolally journey at UnPluggd.
– “You cannot build a global R&D center from India. The storage story is almost over”. These were the words from investors/industry pundits to Gluster Cofounder, Anand Babu Periasamy. And the team proved them wrong! Gluster was recently acquired by RedHat for $136mn.
Other speakers include
- Vishwas Mahajan – Cofounder of CompuLink, one of the few product companies from India that achieved INR 100 crores in revenue within 10 years of existence.
- Mukul Kumar, Pubmatic Co-founder will talk about the Pubmatic journey.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma, One97 founder will talk about the journey from a startup to a multi-million dollar company.
As far as startup demos are concerned, we have 10 demos+ 1 Hack demoing at the event – selected from a long list of companies that applied for the demo slot. The demoing companies represent various industries – right from LBS to Enterprise, Cloud infrastructure etc.
As far as attendees are concerned, they will follow the UnPluggd trend – i.e. a LOT (and we mean LOT) of entrepreneurs, geeks, angel investors and VCs, though in an informal setup.
Venue : MES Auditorium, 131. Mayur colony, Near HDFC Bank, Near Karishma Chowk, Karve Road, Pune, India.
Date: November 19th, Pune.
Timing : 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
Contact Details: Kunalkant (+91 9241 00 9423). kunal@NextBigWhat.com.
As far as event tickets are concerned, you can buy them online or simply come over to the venue and register on-the-spot.
– Those traveling from Mumbai to Pune can avail 10% discount on cab ticket, thanks to our friends at Olacabs. Use this link to avail this offer (the discount is built-in).
For more info, please join the UnPluggd Facebook group.