- Apple is currently beta testing the watchOS 9.4 update.
- The update will include a battery recalibration process for the 44mm Apple Watch Series 6.
- Following the recalibration process, the 44mm Apple Watch Series 6 will be able to estimate maximum battery capacity more accurately.
- Apple previously recalibrated the batteries of the Apple Watch Series 4 and Apple Watch Series 5 models.
- Battery recalibration has also been done for some models in the past.
- Recalibration can help improve inaccurate estimates of battery health that some users may be seeing.