Are Project Managers and Product Managers two sides of the same coin?
Uh-Huh! They can’t be further apart!
Project Managers define the When and How of product development.
Project Managers answer:
- What resources are needed? Dependencies?
- When will the project get delivered?
- Who is going to do what?
Product Managers define the What and Why of the product.
Product Managers answer:
- What problem does this solve?
- What and why are you building this?
- What will the benefits be?
"The role of a Product Manager is to discover a product that is valuable, useable, and feasible."
- Marty Cagan, Author
Hop over to the FWD app to learn more about Project Managers Vs. Product Managers.
Get FWD app