Do you think people browse more of mobile Internet on weekends than weekdays? A report from Opera suggests that 33 countries had fewer unique users on weekend days, while 17 countries had more unique users on weekend days.
– Two thirds of the top 50 countries saw fewer unique users on weekend days.
– One third of the top 50 countries saw more unique users on weekend days.
– Romania, Belarus, Moldova, the United States and Poland had the biggest drops in users on weekend days.
– Egypt, Iran, Ghana, Ethiopia and Tanzania had the biggest gains in users on weekend days.
– India witnessed 2% jump during weekend, though 5.6% increase in pageviews during the weekend.
– 5.7% increase in data transfer (in India) during the weekend, as opposed to 4.3% drop in USA.
That is, even though there was a drop in unique users count, people still consumer more pageviews.[Download the report]