Here is the weekly recap of events in India business circle.
[For the mid-week recap (i.e. Sep 2 – Sep 5th), hop here]
- Mobifusion brings Bhagwad Gita to your mobile
- HomeShop18 launches e-commerce portal : TV18 group has launched an e-commerce portal www.homeshop18.com
- Rediff’s iShare partners with anEcho for promoting amateur bands/musicians
- Zoho launches Zoho Business suite
- Launch of OCMS.in – India’s first school of online journalism
- Zapak launches gaming cafes – plans 250 gaming cafes
Prakash Jha`s new flick: Rural multiplexes
P&M Infrastructures, started by Jha and another movie veteran Manmohan Shetty and Jha’s friend, is planning to invest Rs 750 crore in the next five years to create family entertainment centres in Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Orissa. The company may set up 30 such centres, which will have three cinema halls, entertainment zones, budget hotels and shopping malls, on the low-cost model. Outlets for farmers and education centres are added attractions.
- TRAI’s Do-Not-Call registry witnesses 5 million subscribers within the first day of launch:
Over 5 million people had already chosen not to take unsolicited commercial calls on September 5, the first day that the National Do Not Call (NDNC) Registry officially opened. The sheer numbers — around 2.5% of India’s over 190 million mobile subscribers — reveal just how much people resent pesky sales calls. Considering that prepaid subscribers — who are much less of a target for telemarketers — form a huge percentage of all subscribers, this figure of 5 million assumes even greater significance.
- Trai opens door for cable operators` foray into IPTV
- NDTV Convergence Ties Up With Japanese Digital Media Operator
- Government Logs Rs. 9,500 crore From Licence Fees, Spectrum Charges
- Hutch crosses 50 lakh subscribers in Gujarat
- DoT, defence finalise MoU for spectrum
- Essar Seeks Telecom Licence For BPL under the name ShippingStop.com
- India Retail Forum – summary of insights/discussions on the Indian Retail Industry
- Startups for the Independent musicians/artists – TempoStand,RadioVerve and Muziboo
- Kingfisher To Offer Internet And Mobile Access On Long Distance Flights
- India beats Italy, Thailand, Australia to become the world’s most preferred travel destination