Recap of articles published week ending August 2nd
- Social Entrepreneurship – Meet the Inspiring Heroes/Social Entrepreneurs
- Samman Foundation – Bringing structure to the Rickshaw Industry (Rick is an OOH Panel)
- Infant maternal care in India gets the attention of the Gates Foundation ($41mn Fund)
- Social Entrepreneurship – Interview with DesiCrew [Rural BPO] Founder
- Gates Foundation Invests $1mn in CHF to Create Economic Opportunity using Virtual Marketplace
- Funding Social Ventures – What does it take? [Read our coverage of social entrepreneurship]
On Microsoft/Yahoo Search Deal
- Few Questions Before We Say GoodBye to Yahoo! Search
- Yahoo’s Search Experience is Great, But ‘Powered by Bing’ will be an Awesome one – Carol Bartz
- The Yahoo – Microsoft Search Deal, Yahoo Loses Another Battle| And War! And Everything Else!
- Indian Urban School Kids Are Digital Natives
- Congrats #Rakhi for Entry Into Twitter’s Trending Topic (You just made us feel #stupid)
- @Infosys Closes a Deal on Twitter..Twitter is surely going mainstream
Indian Telecom Industry/Mobile
- WiMAX Opportunities in India – Time we stop going gaga over 3G?
- 3G Story gets a new twist – DoT recommends only 4 Operators
- Mobile Number Portability in India – Post-paid users most likely to switch
- National Mobile Phone Directory Service Approved by Indian Government – Times, they are a changing!
- India overtakes China in Mobile Internet Browsing [Opera Report]
- DoT to Monitor Inflated Telecom Subscription Numbers
Funding Related/India Business
- Matrix India and Omidyar Network Invest in Quikr, Classifieds Site
- UK Based 2Ergo Acquires ActiveMedia, Mobile Marketing and VAS Provider
- InfoEdge Quarterly Result Analysis – Fall in Sales..Hari Sadu is Back
- Water Powered Auto Rickshaw [Innovation]
- A mosquito ringtone for your mobile : adult-proof your ringtone [Innovation]
- Of Loyalty Points and Whether Brands should expect Customers to be a ‘Loyal’ Dog?