Last week we saw some interesting activity in the Indian startup & technology space. Apple Computers co-founder, Steve Wozniak backed a project by a Bangalore based startup, on crowd funding platform Indiegogo. After our coverage, the amount of funding went up from $2K to $9K in a day! While we don’t want to take credit for all of it, it felt good to have played our little part.
Couple of notable deals went down last week. E-learing startup Simplilearn raised $10 million in a Series B round from Helion Venture Partners. Social media intelligence platform, Unmetric raised $5.5 million in a Series B round from JAFCO and Nexus Venture Partners.
Some of our guest authors wrote resourceful and insightful pieces provoking reactions from a large number of readers. The post on the difference between Patents and Copyrights, was very resourceful for a lot of the readers. The post on how to bootstrap your app startup with zero investment, gives you a first hand perspective of starting up an app business in India.
Long story short, a lot has happened during the past week. In case you missed out on some of the action, here’s a recap.
– Editorially Recommended Articles –
- Romanticizing Mass Entrepreneurship Bollywood Style Will Have Perilous Consequences
- Bottoms Up: Are We Failing Our Innovators?
——— Channel : Indian Startups / Resources ———
- Ex Googlers Want to Put the Zen in Driving by Quantifying the Experience; Jerry Yang, Max Levchin Back the Startup
- Difference Between Patents and Copyrights. Can You Protect the Idea Behind Your Website?
- How To Bootstrap Your App Startup With Zero Investment
- Launching to Scale-up Your Business?
- Find Your Online Handyman on Mr.Thomas, The DIY Tool Store
- Startup Lessons Learned from One Year of Building muHive [Wash. Rinse. Repeat]