It’s the festive season. A good time to celebrate, retrospect and tool up for more. The last week has been a bit slow as we took some time out to think of ways to improve our coverage of the technology and startup landscape in India. Soon, we will have some very exciting news to share with you. We are also seeing phenomenal response for this season’s UnPluggd, our startup conference, in December.
We broke some of the biggest stories in the last few months, critiqued, cheered and connected hundreds of startups. We’ve gained much attention with many of our stories– hundreds of them. We won more battles than we lost. We’ve made some new friends and enemies. We’ve grown in our reach and influence. Nevertheless, we remain, humbly at your service.
Last week, we saw some decent funding activity, wrote about some exciting startups and brought you stories from the world of technology. As usual, we had some amazing guest posts. For all those who missed out on some of the action on NextBigWhat last week, here is a quick recap.
– Editorially Recommended Articles
- You Might Be Bootstrapping But A Diwali Gift Won’t Kill The Startup
- 5 Simple Tips for Entrepreneurs to Become Really Great at Negotiation
- E-Learning Startup Simplilearn Looking For Content Led Acquisitions; On Track to Clock Rs 100 cr Revenues
- Lessons Learnt : Story of a Non-Technical Founder Trying to Build [“You must get your hands dirty with the code”]
- Hyderabad based Ineda Systems Raises Funding from Former Motoroloa Chief Sanjay Jha & Lip Bu Tan of Walden
- How Deal Site Mydala Turned Profitable, Sold to Bharat & Figured out Jugaad [Interview]
——— Channel : Indian Startups / Resources
- How Simplilearn Hired Hundreds of People in a Few Months [Video]
- ‘Keep Calm & Keep Shipping’ Has A Whole New Meaning When You Have 12 Co-Founders
- From a Part Time Blog to Rs 100 cr Revenue: The Simplilearn Journey [Video]
- 500 Startups Batch 7 Announced; SilverPush From India Makes It
- Appiterate Makes A/B Testing for Mobile Apps Easier With WYSIWYG Platform
- These Students Want to Bring Tony Stark’s Artificial Intelligence System Jarvis To Real Life
- From UnPluggd to $1 Million ARR in 3 years with Indian Customers: The KooKoo Story
- Plan Your Itinerary With A Real Traveler At Thinkplaces, A Peer to Peer Travel Advisory
———- Channel : India Online
- Facebook: Fake Accounts Higher in Developing Markets Like India & Turkey
- Will Sri Lanka Ban Facebook? President Rajapaksa Calls it a ‘Disease’
- Government to Launch National Transport Portal With Busindia; Big Blow to redBus & Co?
- Mobile Phone Are The New Movie Screens & Televisions Among Indians [Report]
- Short Take : Does Search Fulfilment Work Better Than Best of Breed? Google, JustDial Vs Them All
——— Channel : APPS/ Stuff
- Kloudless Strings Together Storage Services Like Dropbox Together for Gmail Users; Looks to Expand In India
- CloudMagic E-mail App With Super Easy Search Is Here; Everything You Want to Find in One Place
- #MobileLife: What Sort of a Relationship Do You Have With Your Phone?
- Airtel Doubles 3G Customers in India; Data Revenue Grew 2x
—–Channel: Indian Startup Funding
- Microsoft Will Invest More on Startups: Rahul Sood, GM & Partner, Microsoft Ventures
- Healthcare Provider Cloudnine Raises $16 Mn From Sequoia Capital & Matrix Partners
- Offline App Distribution Company AppsDaily Raises Over $5 mn Series B from ru-Net & Existing Investors
- Cochin Based emPay to Bring in Rs 27.5 cr from Foreign Investors to Setup Mobile Payment System
- Gesture Control Startup RHLvision Raises Funding From Malik Radix Healthcare
- Google Funds 10 Indian Impact Projects