Another big week in a row! We had a heavy news week with the Microsoft-Nokia deal and announcements from Sony, Samsung and a few big ones from the startup world. We caught on to some early trends, like niche Indian brands getting on to Facebook and brought in some investor perspective through interviews. We chewed on the news and analyzed some of it. Our guest writers wrote some amazing pieces. If you missed out on some of the action, we’ve made a list for you. Here goes.
– Editorially Recommended Articles –
- The bigMobility Trend in India: Stats and Insights You Need to Know
- #BigDeal: Microsoft to acquire Nokia
- Big Bazaar Direct is Here: 1 Lakh E-commerce Powered Franchises Backed by Future Group
- What Startups Owe to Investors? A LOT.
- The Man Who Tapped The Internet To Bring Photos From Rural Karnataka To The Mainstream
- MakeMyTrip Bets on “Hotels and Packages”. Is this the future of Indian OTAs?
- Of Startups And Creating A Non-Scalable System : Why It’s Worth it
——— Channel : Indian Startups / Resources ———
- Delhi Based Startup SahVidya makes File Storage and Sharing Easy for Academics
- Note Taking Service Classmint Launches Image Annotations For Better Notes
- 5 Indian Startups Make It To The 8th Batch Of Start-Up Chile
- Quick Guide to Term Sheets: All about Founder Vesting [Part 2]
———- Channel : India Online
- The Best Browser You Have Never Heard Of Is Looking At India, Have You Tried It Yet?
- Web18 to shutdown In.com and Other Properties?
- Niche Indian Brands & Sellers Setup Facebook Stores To Make Money Online [Trend]
- Hospitality & Real Estate Conglomerate Zuri Group Forays Into E-commerce
- Why Should Twitter Have All The Fun ($$)? Facebook jumps In On the Election Action in India
- Yahoo Asked To Reveal Information From 2,704 Accounts By The Indian Government
——— Channel : APPS/ Stuff
- Asus Fonepad Review: Can a 7 inch Device Become Your Primary Phone?
- Samsung Unveils Galaxy Gear Smartwatch, Galaxy Note 3 and New Galaxy Note 10.1
- Sony Announces Xperia Z1 with 20MP Camera, Attachable Cameras for Android and iOS Devices
- All You Need to Know About iPayy, the Carrier Billing Platform from Ver Sé
- From New York to New Delhi. Here is How Thrill is Rethinking Dating in India
—–Channel: Indian Startup Funding
- There are at least 20 VC Funded IPO Ready Cos in India: Kanwaljit Singh, Helion Advisors
- Veteran Silicon Valley Investor Vinod Khosla Bullish on India, Aadhaar & Mobile Health (More on this here & here)
- Chennai Based Sify Technologies To Invest In Technology Startups
- “Brick & Click” retailer edabba raises $1 million From C Cube Angels
- Networkplay Acquires yoCAPTCHA
- Delhi Based Online Food Marketplace Langhar Bags $150,000 in ARK Challenge