WhatsApp is working towards integrating with UPI in order to launch payments services in India.
No clear plans announced, but WhatsApp is hiring lead for digital transactions in India, whose JD includes.
- Be an advocate for the users of our digital transactions service to the rest of the company
- Proactively construct workflows to allow for more efficient ticket processing
- Collaborate with banks to resolve WhatsApp user issues
- Use analytical tools to track data in meaningful reports
- Work cross-functionally with other teams supporting digital transactions on WhatsApp
How many startups will just DIE once this goes live? What about Hike? Will they beat WhatsApp in this?
Also see: Truecaller launches TruePay, its payment service in India.