Simple question, but a structured answer would really make for an interesting read.
And that’s what this study conducted by Ruder Finn Intent Index reveals:
Overall, the study has divided the reasons why people go online into 7 categories:
- Have Fun
- Express Yourself
- Do Business
Couple of interesting points that came out of the study
- 100% people said ‘Yes’ to ‘pass time’ – now you know why YouTube and Twitters of the world are flourishing!
- Forward email/Share links seems to be a common activity.
- Learning is one of the most important reason why people go online – learning involves world news to some new stuff to healthy food etc.
- High catchment areas (for publishers) includes Educate Self (96%), Connect with Others (92%), Research (89%) , Share (86%) , Be Entertained (82%)
- Interestingly ecommerce/shopping has few takers!
What’s your take on this report? Agree/Disagree?
Rcommended Read: How to Understand User Needs’