Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Do we have to bring our own laptops?
Ans: Yes, we expect to come prepared with your own systems. All other logistical support will be provided by us. (Power sources, Desks, Chairs, Coffee, Food!)
Q2. Is it necessary to register as a team?
No, it is not necessary to register as a team. In fact, although we encourage you to join in as a team, it is not a compulsion. Also we’ll be having a short interactive session on 23rd evening where in you can meet other participants and who knows you might just as well form your own team there itself.
Q3. Is this is “Windows Phone” only Hackathon?
Ans: Yes, this Hackathon has its theme based on Windows Phone. Thus, it will be expected that the apps comply to the specifications required by Windows Phone OS.
Q4. What is the basic system requirement to run the Windows Phone SDK?
Ans: Your system should fulfill the following needs:
- Windows Vista (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 – all editions except Starter Edition
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64) – all editions except Starter Edition
- Installation requires 4 GB of free disk space on the system drive.
- 3 GB RAM
- Windows Phone Emulator requires a DirectX 10 or above capable graphics card with a WDDM 1.1 driver (available on Windows 7)
Q5. I haven’t worked with Windows Phone yest. Will you be providing some tools and tips in advance?
Ans: Well, there is nothing to worry if you haven’t developed for the Windows Phone yet. We believe if you have developed apps for some mobile platform, you’ll do perfectly fine here as well. We’ll share the APIs and SDKs very soon and give tips to help you get started. But, come prepared, otherwise it will add no value to you.
Q6. Can we actually get our own beer?
Ans: Sure you can!
If you still have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section and we’ll answer to all your queries.
- Date: 24th and 25th March, 2012
- Time: 9.00 AM to 8.00 PM
- Venue: Kuliza Office, 11/3, Bomanhalli, Hosur Main Road, Opposite Oxford Engg. College, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560068
And did we tell you this, MICROSOFT will give away Free Windows Phonesfor all developers who complete the ‘Port To Win‘ challenge during the Hackathon. All you have to do is Port two Apps and the developer gets a Windows Phone.
It does not end there. We have two Prizes for Best Designed App and Best Idea App which is also a Windows Phone, at the Hackathon event itself!
Register now: http://event.ayojak.com/event/appnomy-hackathon
(use EARLYBIRD discount code, expires on Feb 28th).
– For more details on the event check out the event page, Hackathon.