There are rumors that Microsoft will unveil the latest Windows Phone at the upcoming MWC (Mobile World Congress) event and here are a few credible details (via) that have come up on the web:
- UI will be very similar to the Zune HD User Interface with a complete revamp of the “Start” screen.
- No Flash support.
- Windows Phone 7 will only support application installation through service based delivery (i.e Marketplace). Application installation via storage card will not be possible.
- No Multi-Task support. Applications will “Pause” when in the background, however will support notifications via push notifications.
- Marketplace will now support “try before you buy” as well as an API.
- No NETCF backwards compatibility. This means the original rumor of no backward compatibility for applications holds to be true.
- Full Zune and XBOX Integration
- OEM Interfaces will not be allowed to run on the device.
Microsoft, lately has been on a ‘Creative Destruction’ path (read this interesting piece on NYT) and like they got Windows 7 right, we just hope they get the mobile story right as well.
If not the best phone, atleast be a worthy competitor to Apple, Google and Nokia.