Wordpress 2.9 is live and if you are running your blog on wordpress, we strongly recommend you to upgrade.
We covered WordPress 2.9 feature lists earlier (in detail), so here is a quick recap:
- Global undo/”trash” feature, which means that if you accidentally delete a post or comment you can bring it back from the grave (i.e., the Trash).
- Built-in image editor allows you to crop, edit, rotate, flip, and scale your images to show them who’s boss. This is the first wave of our many planned media-handling improvements. A basic/minimalistic feature that is quite an awesome add-on to wordpress’ handling of media.
- Batch plugin update and compatibility checking, which means you can update 10 plugins at once (isn’t thi super cool?).
- Easier video embeds that allow you to just paste a URL on its own line and have it magically turn it into the proper embed code.
Other impressive features include:
rel=canonicalsupport for better SEO
- Automatic database optimization support
- Themes can register “post thumbnails” which allow them to attach an image to the post, especially useful for magazine-style themes.
- Sidebars can now have descriptions so it’s more obvious what and where they do what they do, and impressive
- Create custom galleries with the new include and exclude attributes that allow you to pull attachments from any post, not just the current one. [via]
We are quite excited about WordPress 2.9 and will share more How-to examples in the coming days.
More wordpress hacks/tips